Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cathedrals of Death

What breaks your heart? What makes you weep like Rachel and causes blood to cry out like Abel's? What are you called to do about it, and when you hear that call, what is your response?

I ask myself these questions. My excuses are endless: I'm so busy, My children are young and keep my hands full, I pray, I donate. Perhaps that is enough. Maybe it is, for this season. Maybe it's not and if not, how will I answer for myself? If not, what example am I setting for my children and how does this example call them towards obedience...and courage. Isn't that it? Isn't it really that I'm afraid?

Mega-clincs.
Super-centers.
They have been called many things. I call them Cathedrals of Death.

Planned Parenthood has built these large centers in cities around the country:
Aurora, IL
Sarasota, FL
Portland, OR 
Denver, CO
Houston, TX
St Paul, MN
Michigan has stifled one, praise God!

Evil is the great imitator. It can not create, it can only distortedly mimic, disfigure and corrupt. Area clinics and regional mega-clinics. Did it just occur to someone at Planned Parenthood that this organizational structure was a good business idea? There's nothing new under the sun.

The Church gives life in its parishes and Cathedrals.
Abortion destroys life in its clinics and mega-clinics.


I pray that even now we might see glimpses of the future when "death has been swallowed up in victory." Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: